Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Land of the Free...Home of the Brave

I paint what I think....this isn't what I would call my usual July 4 art....I just went a little deeper today.  The painting on the left...a favorite pastime enjoyed by many.  Top left it says "the best things in life are free"...and at the very last moment, I added the question mark.  
The right hand page depicts Arlington National Cemetery...what I call...the "home of the brave"...you can't deny it...it's true.  So you get a little bit of everything July 4 in these two pages...the fun, the fireworks, the flags, and the price we pay for it all.  

A closer view

It occurred to me after I had finished this bottom piece, of course, that the headstones might have had more impact had I used my thumb and dipped it in white paint to create those....

No comments: