Sunday, July 15, 2012

Time for Tea - Home & Garden Altered Book

 
I was inspired by a photo of the Victorian wicker chairs in a lovely garden setting and I wanted to print that photo and work it into my own "garden setting"....the painted one.  Looking at those chairs reminded me of when life had a little more ....gentility?  Not sure that's the word I'm looking for.  When I look at those chairs....I can hear the birds and the water rippling in a pond somewhere out of the picture.   Perhaps  the sound of a piano being played in the house nearby. Maybe a wonderful letter from a old friend, rests on the table.  I hear life.  Life without electronics.  



A peaceful summer day in the garden

The Victorian wicker chairs

And tea in a china cup

Paint, stencils, rubber stamps, collage

No comments: