Sunday, December 23, 2012

All Hearts Come Home for Christmas

Art Journal - RED Book

I started working on these pages yesterday....and everything was in greens and gold...and then it dawned on me that I was working in my RED journal...so I had to incorporate RED into these pages.  The collaged images are from an older Pottery Barn catalog...I just happen to like the musical candles.  I should have tried painting the image ... but I was too lazy. On the page directly above I started to do an image transfer and that failed miserably to the point where I was actually losing layers of paper from the page itself and I was afraid it was going to jeopardize the art on the previous page.   Soooo, I started building up the paper by adding layers of paper including another image transfer that the candle is glued to.  There is also painting & stamping  And I had to add some RED elements...thus the hearts.  I have some fabric remnants from my neighbor's quilt-making and I sewed two pieces together and glued the heart to the page.  And no matter where you are during the holiday season...even if you aren't at home...your heart will always be there.

No comments: