Wednesday, December 26, 2012

The Day After...DECLUTTER!

Altered Book
This is the kind of day it is here.. gray, some snow.  Kind of cozy.  I was sitting at my drafting table and right outside the window is a tree that looks something like this.  I painted the background  pages a light gray, I added snow falling.  I had a stencil with large stars which I used with white paint.  There's a lot of silver on these pages...unfortunately it doesn't appear that way.  There are 3 silver snowflakes that I glued on and one star that has some bling.  And a beautiful piece of ribbon.  There's also some silver on the pages edges.  I outlined the white stars with silver "painted stitches".  This photo just doesn't show the detail!  I also have some white tissue paper with silver flecks across the bottom. And there are silver dots all over the pages.....Happy day after Christmas to all....

I spent the day re-organizing and cleaning my creative space.  I can't find anything...where's my bone folder when I need it or my hole punch or that great quote that I know would be perfect for this page??!!! It's so frustrating.  It's so hard to figure out the best and most efficient way to organize my art supplies so I can find what I want when I need it.  Declutter, declutter, declutter.  The thing is...in order to do mixed media/collage...it requires saving lots of ephemera...the flotsum and jetsam of art!  Everyday is a new opportunity...

No comments: