Saturday, July 19, 2014

HEXAGONS OF COLOR


ART JOURNAL
INSPIRED BY CARPET HEXAGONS
from Kinderground found in
House Beautiful

These were apparently originally designed as 3' carpets for children's rooms.  I collaged them to these pages.  I added the black, blue & red paint around the shapes as well as the checkerboard border for some more punch.  You could embellish them more, but I didn't want to take away from the carpets that attracted me in the first place.  I added a tag that says Source of Inspiration, House Beautiful and on the back of the tag is info on the carpets.  I decided that since this journal is going to be about shapes and color and techniques, that I should have information on the original source of the inspiration.  I saved a small piece from one of the carpets and added it to the tag.




No comments: