Friday, July 15, 2016

ART-FUL WEEK


NEW ART JOURNAL
ACRYLICS - COLLAGE
Stencils - Rubber Stamps - Ink

I started a new art journal today....back to a small one ( 5x8 I think).  Taking a new tact with my approach to my art. Instead of sitting in my chair thinking about what I'm going to paint...I went to my art room and got started.  I have to do that if I'm going to see growth in my approach to art. So I put some paint on the background (which I then changed). I glued pieces of newsprint from my local paper this week.  There was an ad for sidewalk sales and a map of the stores participating.  That ended up setting the tone for my pages.  I hadn't intended to do buildings, but that's what I ended up with!  In the close-up below, you can see the map under the "2".  It reminded me of windows.  I'm happy with how it turned out.   Close up..


The next pages....

Inks, Acrylics, Collage

It's a really warm summer day here, so I'm not doing anything in my yard...I decided to start another painting in the journal.  Where it started and where it ended up....whoa!  I started by using my colored inks with their eyedroppers and dripped paint on the page.  I thought I was going to do something edgy and modern.  Well...the inks had a mind of their own and it wasn't working. The black bottom of the pages changed colors 4 times.  Where the large flower is...a large blob of ink dropped from my fountain pen.  So...you just get creative and do what you can to "save the page".  And you learn in the process.  These two pages were more challenging than the art above because of the issues I ran into.  In the end...a fun, colorful painting.  Close up....


Yes....color outside the lines.....

No comments: