Wednesday, October 23, 2013

In The Beginning

Deli Paper/GelliArt
 Art Journal

I started playing with this journal page last weekend after I finished the "October" trees on the page opposite it.  Usually, I do a 2-page spread and the pages are "connected"; but not this time.  This is torn pieces of deli paper that I printed while on vacation in August.  I started at the bottom of the page and then I added the star paper at the top.  In the middle, I was having trouble.  At one point, I thought of covering the whole thing with gesso and starting something else.  But I persevered, and ended up with what you see here.  The stars had a paler blue around them which I didn't like as much, so I added a darker shade.  There's a lot of texture with the deli paper that is hard to capture with the camera, but I like to run my hand over the page.  And as I kept looking at this....perhaps trying to make sense of it....I thought of the beginning, creation...Genesis.  Is this how it started?

No comments: