Thursday, February 11, 2016

When You Can't Be in the Caribbean.....

Create your own island inspiration!


Art Journal
Mixed Media
Don't Worry....Be Happy!
I'm feeling the "island" vibe even though it's  20 degrees here and the wind chill is I don't know what....It's COLD!  When I was at my niece's wedding in New Orleans a few years ago, I wandered into an art gallery that had a large painting...maybe 6' x 6'....and it was a painting of African American people, very colorful.  I can't remember any more about it...except that I remember that I would have liked to have carried it out of the gallery!  It was sooo cool. 
I was looking through some  of my paper stash this morning....you forget what you have....and I came across a 2 page flyer from the cafeteria at my former office.  It was from Black History month, probably a couple of years ago.  Inside of it, it had a recipe for Caribbean Jerk Chicken (sounds good), and also explains the difference between plantains and bananas.  I happen to really like plantains.  And it had some other interesting facts as well.  It  also contained a photo of some tropical yellow fruit (no not bananas) and some very colorful beads. I tore the photo into strips. 
 I put some random paint on my journal page...used neon acrylic colors mostly, and then I glued these strips onto the page on top of the paint.  I hadn't actually intended to do a face but, as you can see, I did a face.  Island woman.  I have to say, I love her.  Fun day in my art room!

Feeling a little Bob Marley now?
Don't worry....be happy.....


My messy desk

No comments: