Monday, February 1, 2016

HEART MONTH

Napkin Collage
Art Journal
I have an abundance of napkins.  They are fun to incorporate into journal pages, not only for the designs and color, but for the texture as well.  So what to do with all of the napkins?  It's not like you're going to use the same ones over and over again in your work.  So I decided to piece lots of them on to the pages in my journal...here's a closer image...


I always find it interesting how the "universe" comes together when you're working on any art project.  It does for me anyway.  Not always instantaneously; sometimes it has to percolate a bit. Today is the beginning of "heart" month...not just Valentines, but heart health, taking care of your heart.  And when I went to church yesterday, one of the readings had to do with love. I wrote an excerpt from the reading on the heart.  While I was working on the collage part, which I started a few days prior, I had no idea what I was going to do with the heart.  It was this big blank staring at me.  So many ideas were floating through my brain...lyrics to songs, lines from poems, quotes.  But nothing was quite right for the spot....until I went to church and there it was...the reading.  I'm not one to be preachy about church...it's a very individual thing. But I can't tell you how many times things come to me, in my life, that are just the right thing...the words I'm looking for, at the right time. There's a reason for that. Take care of your heart...


No comments: