Monday, January 11, 2016

Enjoying My Christmas Gifts


Journal with lined pages
I love this book...the blue embossed leather cover just feels good to run your hand over.  I've tried keeping notes in journals on and off for years.  I always start out great and then, somehow...a week or two or three goes by and then the journal is forgotten.  I'm committed to keeping this book going...so far so good.  It's just too nice a journal not to use.  And, sigh, my son gave it to me which makes it all the more special.


Grumbacher Opaque Watercolors
Tiny Watercolor Journal 
I've played with watercolors off and on over the years, but I hope to do much more in the months ahead.  This little 3-1/2" by 5" journal I started months ago with just flowers in it.  This is the first time I've used these new watercolors.  The colors are so wonderful!  I'm hooked!



I enjoy the "loose" look you can get when painting with watercolors.  I could never be a botanical illustrator! This is fun....

No comments: