Friday, January 15, 2016

FRIENDS- Mother and Daughter


Art Journal
"Gifts in my Life"
Mixed Media
These two pages are in a small journal which I have almost completed called, "Gifts in my Life."  The journal is made out of manila file folders that I folded in half, covered with gesso and then used spray inks for background color. There are also some other random papers included.  I started it in 2014....
I'm meeting with my super friend, Jan, today....and the left page has an envelope with a handwritten note inside.  Handwritten notes are so wonderful, especially when they are from a long-time amazing friend.  On the opposite page is a thank you card for a wedding present I sent to her daughter in October.  How could I not put that card in my journal!  I love the art work, although I don't know whose it is as I glued the card in the book...oh well.  But it's such a cute card with a lovely note from Kait.  Below is Jan's page...
Sunrise, Sunset
Jan and I go back almost 28 years (egads!) I was thinking about all of the sunrises and sunsets we've seen as we've watched our kids grow and I thought of this song...it just fit with what I was thinking about:
"Sunrise, sunset, swiftly flow the days
Seedlings turn overnight to sunflowers,
blossoming even as we gaze.
Wasn't it yesterday when they were small?
Sunrise, sunset, swiftly fly the years..."
----Fiddler on the Roof

And last but not least....I stamped this flower inside Kait's card...

It all came together.  Retiring makes you very nostalgic!  Kait is a sunflower!

No comments: