Monday, January 18, 2016

I'M A FAN



Chris Roberts-Antieau


I love what this artist has written about herself, about trusting yourself and listening to that inner voice....we all have it, we just tend to often "push it away" to be more ...practical.  Some people figure it out early on. I just saw the movie "Joy" this weekend.  It's about a woman who doesn't give up on  her dream.  She had it in her as a young girl and then there's a long gap of time before she pursues her vision.  Along the way, she is always encouraged by her grandmother.  It's based on a true story.  If you've seen the movie, you know how much grit and courage it takes for Joy not to give up on her dreams.

Reading what Chris wrote here is great.  If they could just blow it up and post it in every school for kids to see...from kindergarten on up....we all have a gift(s)!
I need to remind myself of this today and everyday and I'm not a kid.  Always a work in progress....(Google Chris to see more of her art...it's fabulous)

No comments: