Friday, March 11, 2016

IT STARTED WITH A STENCIL


Art Journal
Mixed Media
Acrylics, pen, collage material

I had two inspirations for my journal page this morning.  One was the full page stencil (the same one I used in yesterdays' art) and a floral envelope.  As far as the stencil, I thought it might be a fun exercise to use the stencil on several of my pages as the starting point.   Below you can see the stencil...very pale in color except for the bluish flower because my stencil still had some paint on it!  No matter.  The floral envelope with the postage stamps became a dress.  And on the left side, I have part of a napkin.
The head above is actually a colored egg I cut out of a magazine and painted over.  The shape was perfect, of course.  Now I started adding color.  Looks kind of like a mess so far, but I knew it had potential.



I just kept adding more color...

....and some ink to finish. The envelope was really the focus of this page. Lots of color, lots of fun.

No comments: