Friday, March 11, 2016

REPEATING STENCIL - New Page


Art Journal
Mixed Media
Painted Deli Papers
Twig, seashell, same stencil as previous post


The inspirations for this page were this stamped figure on graph paper, and the bottle in the sand that says "pick me"....torn from a Pottery Barn catalog.  Also, I wanted to try the same stencil I've used on 2 other pages this week, just to see what I could come up with.  When I first laid the stencil on the paper, I decided to paint it in sections from the bottom up.  The bottom was blue, the middle was orange/yellow and the top was yellow.  Then I put down the painted deli paper that the figure is glued to.  I left some of the graph paper because I think it adds visual interest.  I tore some more deli paper for the bottom...the blue pieces and the sea shell under the bottle.  I like adding organic elements like the twig and the seashell....although it's getting harder to close this journal.

More....

I didn't add ink to this page.


Here are the two pages together. I'm not sure it looks like the same person did both of them!  All in a days' creativity.  

No comments: