Thursday, June 30, 2016

Gloria Vanderbilt


Art Journal
The Rainbows Come and Go
Watercolor, acrylics, ink, water soluble crayons

I've been doing a lot in my sketchbook, and haven't done anything in my art journal recently.  So today was the day.  I recently saw the documentary that Gloria Vanderbilt and her son, Anderson Cooper did called "The Rainbows Come and Go".  I also read their book and those are the inspiration for my journal pages today.  I haven't quite captured Gloria....her eyes don't look like that and, while she has a big smile...this isn't quite her smile.  However, I hope that between the hairdo and the big smile....she looks a little bit like Gloria.  I had fun doing the pages nonetheless.
In progress..

I think to look more like Gloria, maybe her top teeth should be shorter, her cheeks higher, mouth wider...neck longer.  Not sure about her eyes.  Perhaps I'll try her again sometime!

Sketching:

Kousa Dogwood


The Gilded Nest
a store in Georgetown


The Early Bird
Coffee Shop


Buckets of Fun


Sketch from photo
Christ Church
Trying to catch up on posting.  Just been too busy creating.  Enjoying the process and learning as I go. 










No comments: