Wednesday, June 8, 2016

I Don't Follow Directions.....



Art Journal
"I Don't Follow Directions"
Acrylics, Stencils, Mask
I could have titled this page...."I just don't listen".  That's kind of the way I fly.  It's the way I'm wired.  Sometimes the learning process just takes too long.  I want to know how to do things RIGHT NOW.  I'm certainly not a millennial, but I do like instant gratification.  I think this silhouette looks like that of an independent person.  I started painting a background, first used my fingers to smoosh color around the page.  Then I started using some stencils and spray acrylics. 

I had thought about leaving this as is....just a colorful painted page.  But not.  I decided to add a figure.  I took a piece of cardstock and cut a shape and then I took black paint and using a small sponge, wiped the paint around the mask.  That was scary....I could have ruined the above page!.   But not.

One more close-up before the mask.  I decided to glue the mask to the opposite page, where I had wiped all of my excess paint. 


Just listen to your heart and you won't need direction(s)

No comments: