Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Altered Book Journal


Altered Book
I decided to get another journal going and haven't worked in a regular book in awhile.  I'm altering a book that is titled, Roads of the Heart, by Christopher Tilghman.  I picked it up at our annual book fair last summer.  It's smaller than what I've been working in.  Loved the titled...perhaps that's why I bought it.  I only hope that the binding holds up....it looks like it's stitched, but hmmm....not sure.  I started with the right hand page.  The author has a quote there..."All the true fragments are here."  That became my inspiration for the page.  I took a magazine photo of a woman's face and did an image transfer on watercolor paper and glued it in.  It looks like fragments....I also used my metallic watercolor pencils and some water soluble crayons for the background.  A close-up of her face...


I used some gelli prints on deli paper opposite her.  I added the word embark.



A simple couple of pages.  No theme here, I'll just go with the flow


No comments: