Monday, April 4, 2016

School Bus Yellow?


Art Journal
Acrylics, Collage, Ink, etc.
I'm going to start right off and say that I don't like the floral page.  It's been through a metamorphosis which I will now show you.  And that school bus yellow background???  A bit much but couldn't change it once I went down that road....this was the beginning...
and then...
I didn't know where I was going or what to do with it.  I'd add color and then cover it up and add....
What to do...we are all faced with these moments...

And this is where I ended up.  It's a "still life" for sure.  Too still!

The photo above is a Gelli-art print on deli paper.  My sister created it and I like the colors and the metallic. What you can't appreciate from the photo is the transparency of the print.    I added the oriental symbols and glued deli paper over them.  The card is from Rae Missigman and underneath it I added a quote from Pinterest...I liked the quote and the art behind it.


It's a cool Gelli-art print and I could have saved it to incorporate into a page, but I liked it enough on it's own so it found a home here today.  That's it for today.  School Bus yellow...yikes!

No comments: