Wednesday, April 13, 2016

TOOK A CLASS....!


Art Journal
Using a College Ruled Composition Book

This morning I took advantage of an art journal class in a neighboring town's library.  Love that I can do these things now that I'm retired!  As it turns out,  Kathy and Diane, the class organizers, both live within walking distance of my house. They brought all of the fun stuff to create...and when you're doing art journaling, that can be a lot. Above is what I came up with.  I tore images out of magazines, used a paper doily, some tissue paper and a bit of text... the hand was a nice find since I'm left handed!  This page is really in my "wheelhouse" so to speak,  because I love reds, blues and yellows.  

"On life's journey, attitude is everything." 


Part of the fun of doing a class like this, is the creative energy you take home with you.  For the class, we also received a mini version of the composition book and I have already done about 10 pages in that.  (I haven't taken photos of that).   It's so much fun!  Maybe a small book like that is less intimidating....you see results fast and the ideas just keep on coming.  Great class, great fun....great day.

No comments: