Tuesday, April 12, 2016

My Homage to David Beck


Art Journal
Mixed Media
My Homage to David Beck
My previous post told you how inspired I was about the documentary of artist extraordinaire, David Beck.  Yesterday, I did the pencil sketch of him and I printed a copy of it.  I was going to go over it in ink, but I decided to stick with it the way it was.  He loves dodo birds, so I included one on the page.
On the right-hand page, I printed a doorway I found on Pinterest and cut it down the middle so that the doors would open.
When you open the doors, you see two pieces of his work.  The whimsical fish and a larger piece that is exquisite with many doors and places that open.  He is a master of this and I included rubber stamps of keys, keyholes.  And that's a photo of him in his studio on the left.  Below is a close-up of the left-side page.  He is also a musician...thus the musical notes here and there.


This was one of those mornings where inspiration took me by storm.  My favorite kind of journaling.  I wish it happened every time!


Keep an eye out for his documentary....it will be on PBS in the fall.  Thank you, David Beck....

No comments: